Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Why do my Gerber daisies wilt?

I have Gerber daisies in a pot. The instructuins say they like sun. If I put them outside, they wilt. Is there a temperature they don't like? It doesn't state on the instructions. I had to bring them inside. I put them out in the sun for just 1/2 hour this morning to test them and sure enough they wilted again. It is only about 80 degrees right now.

Why do my Gerber daisies wilt?
No they should not be wilting . I mean I live in florida and there is 100 degree weather here and mine are out in the sun in a pot and they do really well . I think maybe you have a weak plant go get another one and see . good luck .
Reply:These flowers do like the sun but the high temperatures/heat can dry them out very quickly...especially if you have them in a terra cotta pot...water evaporates from a terra cotta pot very quickly. You may have to water them twice a day when it is very hot. Start out watering them in the morning and then again in the evening. If you live somewhere extremely hot and they are in the direct sun all day, you might have to water them mid-day too. Keep checking the soil to make sure it is moist.


No comments:

Post a Comment